2. English page
Iwate Biotechnology Research Center_Microorganism Group
Utilization of microorganisms, development of new strains of Shiitake mushroom, and cultivation technology.
1. Studies of mechanism for quality loss of the Shiitake (L. edodes) fruiting body after harvesting (→Review)
2. Breeding of shiitake new strain that keeps lentinan high content after harvesting.
3. Establish mushroom breeding method using genome sequence data
4. Establish gene manipulation methods in mushrooms, such as gene disruption and gene silencing
5. Studies on carbohydrate related enzymes from mushrooms, such as β-1,3-glucanase, β-1,6-glucanase and chitinase